AWARDS & RESIDENCIES
2017 Hrisey Old School Art Residency, Iceland
2016 Archipelago Art Residency in Korpo (AARK), Finland
2015 University of Utah’s Taft-Nicholson Center, Lakeview, MT, USA
2014 Café Tissardmine Artist Residency, Moroccan Sahara
2014 Babayan Culture House, Turkey
2014 John Anson Kittredge Educational Grant
2013 Fulbright Fellowship, Student Research Grant for Painting, Turkey
2011 Vermont Studio Center, Johnson, VT, USA
ILLUSTRATION CLIENTS & PROJECTS
Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
How to be Human: Life Lessons from Buddy Hirani by Manjeet Hirani. Penguin Random House, 2018.
The Lamp is Lit by Ruskin Bond. Penguin Random House, 2018.
Friends in Small Towns by Ruskin Bond. Penguin Random House, 2018.
Scenes from a Writer’s Life by Ruskin Bond. Penguin Random House, 2018.
Notes from a Small Room by Ruskin Bond. Penguin Random House, 2018.
“Volume 3.” Maker’s Post, 2017. Pages 66-69.
“On Contemplation.” ELSE Journal. Transart Institute, 2016. Pages 96-100.
A World of Artist Journal Pages by Dawn Devries Sokol. Abrams, 2015. Pages 298-299.
2018 ArtPrize, The Artist’s Studio, Grand Rapids, MI
Anonyme Zeichner, Gallery in Grains Park, Berlin, Germany
June Art Walk, The Mix Gallery, Brunswick, ME
Instructor Exhibition, Merrymeeting Education Center, Topsham, ME
2016 A Conversation with Nature, Studio of Sean Scully, Nyack, NY
2015 *Art en Route, Edgewater Gallery, Middlebury, VT
Quietly Flows the Stream, South Molton Museum, Devon, UK
2014 Art Exhibition and Auction, Blue Rock School, Nyack, NY
Bonart Painting Exhibition, Bonart Sanat Galerisi, Istanbul, Turkey
Exchange, Staycation Museum, Berlin, Germany
Hope, Holy Coffee Café, Istanbul, Turkey
2013 *Loom and Lure, Holy Coffee Café, Istanbul, Turkey
Art Exhibition and Auction, Blue Rock School, Nyack, NY
Anonyme Zeichner, Galerie Delikatessenhaus, Leipzig, Germany
Art for Art’s Sake Auction, Postscrypt Art Gallery, New York, NY
Anonyme Zeichner, Galerie Nord, Berlin, Germany
Very Like a Whale, Folger Shakespeare Library, Washington DC
2012 Conference of the Birds, Folger Shakespeare Library, Washington DC
Small Matters of Great Importance, Edward Hopper House, Nyack, NY
It’s Your Nature, Hans Weiss Newspace Gallery, New Haven, CT
From Mice to Monsters, 440 Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
Spring Fling, Williamsburg Art and Historical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Extraordinary Ordinary, Chaney Gallery, Annapolis, MD
In The Trees, Edgewater Gallery, Middlebury, VT
Salon Show, Greenpoint Gallery, New York, NY
Twenty in Their Twenties, Woman Made Gallery, Chicago, IL
2011 Anonyme Zeichner, Blüetenweiss, Zurich, Switzerland
Series of 6 Open Studio Shows, Vermont Studio Center, Johnson, VT
Birds, Bees and Butterflies, Lazarus Gallery, New Rochelle, NY
2010 Beyond Audubon, Woman Made Gallery, Chicago, IL
*¡Buen Camino!, Frame Gallery, Pittsburgh, PA
If Found Please Return To:____, Regina Gouger Miller Gallery, Pittsburgh, PA
Kaleidoscope, Frame Gallery, Pittsburgh, PA
COMMISIONS & COLLECTIONS
2016 South Molton & District Museum, Devon, UK
2015 Taft-Nicholson Center, University of Utah, USA
2014 Jane Roscoe, Director of London Film School
2012 The Folger Shakespeare Library, Washington DC, USA
2010 Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
INSTRUCTION & PRESENTATIONS
Instructor of 3 video tutorials on Creativebug.com
Instructor of Drawing and Painting, Merrymeeting Adult Education, Brunswick, ME 2018
Instructor of Drawing, Centre St Arts Gallery LLC, Bath, ME 2018
Instructor of Painting, Wells-Ogunquit Adult Education, Wells, ME 2018
“Art Expedition,” King Middle School, Portland ME, 6 Jan 2017
Artist Talk at the Taft-Nicholson Center, Lakeview MT, 6 August 2015
“Traditional Anatolian Weaving Practices,” Turkish Fulbright Conference, Antalya, Turkey, 29 May 2014
“Panel Lecture: Artist as Entrepreneur,” Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA, 24 April 2012
“Creative Journalism,” Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA, 23 April 2012
Series of 3 Slide Lectures, Vermont Studio Center, Johnson VT, October - December 2011
· “How to Kickstart Your Creativity at Home and on The Road.” Passion Passport, 11 Sept 2018.
· “Missy Dunaway and the Worldwide Travel Sketchbook.” Passion Passport, 14 May 2018.
· Featured Artist on Little River online literary magazine, Spring 2018.
· “Artist Documents Tender Notes Over Illustrations from Her Travels.” Culture N Lifestyle, 29 Nov 2016.
· “Art Tools of Missy Dunaway.” Parka Blogs, 4 April 2016.
· "Le monde vu par Missy H. Dunaway." La Presse, 18 Mar 2016.
· "Diese Künstlerin hält ihre Reisen in Gemalten Tagebüchern fest." i-ref Magazine, 1 Mar 2016.
· "Paesaggi disegnati su una Moleskine." Il Post, 28 Feb 2016.
· "Geschilderde Reisherinneringen in een Notitieboekje." Paradijsvogels Magazine, 23 Feb 2016.
· "De viatge amb la Moleskine." Catorze.cat, 23 Feb 2016.
· “Take a Peek Inside a Painter's Travel Journal.” Travel + Leisure, 23 Feb 2016.
· "Painted Moleskine Journals Should Be Your Next DIY Project." Wanderluxe Magazine, 23 Feb 2016.
· "Traveling artist paints breathtaking scenes in her notebooks." Mashable, 18 Feb 2016.
· "A Moment with Missy Dunaway." Edgewater Gallery, 6 Feb 2015.
· “Kentile Floors Sign Inspires T-shirt, Nails, Body Art.” Wall Street Journal, 27 June 2014.
· “Missy Dunaway ile Tanışın!” UniverZete, 14 April 2014.
· “Artist Paints Kilim Designs Through Research & Imagination,” Today’s Zaman, 11 Dec 2013.
· Featured Artist of Scene 360 Illusion Online Art Magazine, 4 Dec 2013.
· “Feathers in Her Cap,” Carnegie Mellon University Today, 1 Aug 2013.
· “Alumni Personifies CMU’s Interdisciplinary Culture,” Carnegie Mellon University Website, 26 Feb 2013.
· “Artist Paints Feathers Mentioned in Shakespeare,” National Audubon Society, 2 Jan 2013.
· “Journal Fresh: Missy Dunaway,” CreateMixedMedia.com, 19 July 2011.
· Cover design and featured painter, Dossier: Carnegie Mellon’s Art and Literature Magazine, Fall 2009.
Carnegie Mellon University – Bachelor’s of Humanities and Arts, Magna Cum Laude, 2010
IES Abroad Program – Barcelona, Spain, Spring 2009
Cape Cod School of Art – Provincetown, MA, Summers of 2006 - 2009